Position: Director of an a Capella Chorus
Arlingtones, Arlington Hts., IL
Part Time, $650/month, $125/gig, and other benefits
The Arlingtones of Arlington Hts. IL, an a Capella chorus of all ages, with quartet
groups as well, seeks a new director for once a week rehearsals (currently Monday night), 2 annual shows, and many community
performances. Our 25 member chorus leans towards performance, Broadway, Contemporary, traditional Barbershop primarily
for the fellowship, although dabble in competition in the future could be a possibility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meets once a week with 25 voices, to practice and improve technique of current songs and introduce new material
as directed. We practice at a location in Arlington Hts. and Mt. Prospect.
- Directs rehearsals and performances for the chorus; we have a portable keyboard to assist.
- May work with new and experienced Barbershop Quartets.
- Leads Community Singing Lessons.
- Assist in recruiting,
training to assist Board in support of the chorus.
the Music VP in the administration of the music program and music program for performances.
Job Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Barbershop
style, Broadway and Contemporary music styles
- Piano competency
in teaching choral parts and playing choral accompaniment during rehearsals.
- Strong knowledge of music history & theory, knowledge of barbershop 4 part harmony style desirable.
- Experience as a skilled choral director with the ability to gently and effectively
direct individual parts and 4 part vocal groups for vocal production and development.
- Possesses a good sense of humor as we are a group more into fellowship than competition. Have interpersonal skills
that will develop relationships with members and the community.
Comfortable interacting with our audiences.
- Start date is
approximately Fall 2018.
The Arlingtones Description:
The Arlingtones is an a Cappella chorus located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The chorus sings all types
of music in four part harmony. We are looking for a talented director that shares the chorus vision.
more information about the Arlingtones, see our website at: http://www.arlingtones.net
In your responses include your interest in the position, Education and background in music, vocal technique choral
directing experience piano expertise, ability to collaborate with others ability to lead and inspire.
Provide response to: